Sep 2, 2008

Internet DOWN!

The only thing that made the past four days bearable was the fact we had our wonderful friends the Looses and Keelers over for the weekend. On Saturday morning at exactly 6:03 am (when I usually like to post my blogs) my internet service stopped. Just like that. No warning, no phone call, no message telling me, don't worry we'll be back up in a few minutes. I waited. I waited some more. I hung out with my friends. FOUR days later, approximately 20 minutes ago, my internet returned. I would like to grumble loudly about Telus (my internet provider and my husband's employer), but they are the company that pays for me and my family to have a roof over my head and food on the table. Instead, I will grumble quietly to myself.

A Little Lesson:
Checking email, posting a blog, a good crepe recipe, the daily weather report, directions to my friend's house out in Mission, what does it cost to put in a pool, when to pick Japanese tomatoes, what time is the baseball game playing, how much does the gondola at Grouse mountain cost, Rachel's phone number, that hilarious youtube spot to show my buddies are just a few of the reasons I went to my computer room, stopped, realized my computer was down, and felt completely helpless. I would like to say instead I read more books to my children, cleaned my house even more thorough, and wrote letters to distant relatives overseas. That would be a lesson learned indeed. No, that did not happen. Instead, I realized we need to buy a generator. If in fact this city is going to be in an earthquake I want access to my computer no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment