Dec 4, 2008

One Last Time



Here is one last look at the Festival of Nativities before it truly returns to it's storage boxes in the dark corners of the stake center. I am very sad to say the cd with one hundred pictures of all the tireless people who came to set up the festival seems to have been placed in a very secure and secret location that will probably surface in September of next year. Those of you who devoted all of those hours day after day after day thank you thank you thank you. We had two hundred volunteers, fifteen-hundred guests, forty musicians, six meals prepared for seven charities prepared by eight relief societies, five tours of seniors, students and ESL groups, gave away hundreds of Proclamations to the Family and dozens of Book of Mormons, and witnessed enough' little festival miracles' to last a life-time!

A Little Lesson:
I am filled with gratitude for the opportunity to live amongst saints who individually and collectively model their lives after the well known scripture 'with all our heart, might, mind and strength.'

7 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Can we do it all again please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video Shell. The production was well worth the trip on the snowy hwy. Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shell,
    The music is so beautiful and positive that it will live on in our hearts. Thank you. Well done.

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you go on tour - I can arrange a venue here in CA?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutley beautiful -- your talent/vision, John's talent/vision and the contributions of all. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shell - you're amazing! I wish I could have been there to see your wonderful production.

    So ... I have a question for you ... I'm certain the piano in the background to your slide show is you playing your own arrangement. Do you happen to have this as sheet music for purchase?? I would love to get my hands on it.

    You're welcome to email me if so - shanan.durda(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot, I was deeply touched.

    ReplyDelete