Dec 29, 2008

A Little Thing


My buddy De and I have this little thing for the past I don't know how many years, where she has given me and herself a little Mary Engelbreit calender each Christmas. Each of us puts it beside our kitchen sinks so when we read the darling quotes we know the other one is reading it that morning too. Some of them are funny, others philosophical, but always heart warming. Sometimes they are so good we call each other and say did you read the quote today? I was so happy to see the square little box come in the mail accompanied by many scrumptious treats in a circular tin! Thanks De!

A Little Lesson:
I love quotes. Quotes that make you think, quotes that make you laugh, quotes that sum up the indescribable and quotes that make you want to do things differently. There are millions and millions of words and phrases and sentences. But when you put a few of them together in just the right way it becomes music to the soul. A few from the calender...

A friend is as gift you give yourself.

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a know it it and hang on!

A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition.

3 comments:

  1. "Friends are kisses blown to us by angels." Can't wait to start another year! Thanks also for sharing your Christmas memories!!
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling a little jealous about the calender thing. Did you tell De about the special things we do... like that thing we did once and the other thing. Oh what about the address stamp I got you for Christmas, I had to mail away for it in early December.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a turkey! You forgot about that other thing and the thing we almost did...remember?

    ReplyDelete