Dec 22, 2008

Canceled

For the first time in a really long time, church was canceled due to white stuff everywhere. We tried our very best to keep the reverence factor of our home for the Sabbath day at an appropriate level, I would give us a C-, but hey we didn't play in the snow outside, that should be worth something! Colleen insisted I share some photos of the snow to prove how treacherous and gorgeous it is.



A Little Lesson:
It feels strange to miss church when no one is sick and you are not in an airplane somewhere unable to attend meetings. Not getting everyone showered, fed, dressed, hair done, find scriptures, dig out car, bottle for Benjamin...felt great. Not saying Merry Christmas to everyone in our ward, hearing the choirs and soloist sing praises, and feeling the Christmas spirit in a more profound way... felt sad.

4 comments:

  1. Now I believe you!!!! Thanks for the great video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, can you believe they cancelled Church because of a little snow?!?!!? Church here was pretty good~~how was your? Oh and by the way, we have about 2 feet of snow, more in some areas, how much do you have?!!!
    love ya Shell!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey De

    Yes canceling church... I have to admit I was very surprised. I am in LA for Christmas staying with my good friend Judy Mooy (MC Tavish) for Christmas. I hope there is still some snow around when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Colleen
    I'm sure you will have plenty when you get home ~~ just not as much as Vancouver!They did get dumped on!! Hope your having a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete