Dec 13, 2008

The Boss's Boss's Boss

We weren't sure if we were going to go to the Telus Gala this year, with all the busy festivities filling up the calendar. We were surprised and thrilled when Craig boss's boss invited him to sit at his table. Last year at the gala, I met Kevin Salvadori and his beautiful wife and thought what a really impressive couple. We got all dressed up and headed to the Pan Pacific for a wonderful evening out. As we made our way to our assigned table Craig introduced me to many of the great people he works beside day in and day out. It's always fun to finally put a face to the names you hear so many times. We sat down at the Salvadori table with two other couple's who were also invited to spend the evening with Kevin. Then, as if it were just another normal day at the gala, who should sit down with his lovely wife...Darren Entwissle, the president and CEO of Telus. I tried not to let my eyes pop completely out of my head but instead smile like I was a got-it-together wife of a Telus employee. It turns out that Kevin and Darren who together run one of the largest companies in the country are very down to earth, kind and generous people who both have a sense of humour that had me howling throughout the night. To top off this eventful evening, when it was time to draw names for the illustrious door prizes, if you can belive it, Craig's name was picked for one of the $300 gift certificates to Future Shop. Merry Christmas! I don't know, I think I'm really starting to like these office party things!


A Little Lesson:
When the opportunity strikes to go out on the town with your husband....go.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like a great night...and ya gotta love those door prizes...one time Alan and I won ( if you can believe being the only ones in the place who didn't drink) two bottles of aged wine..which we then were able to turn in for several lotto tickets..The lesser of two evils maybe...anyway we DIDN"T win on those...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Craig! Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you went. What did you wear?
    Colleen ( I am posting from Judy's computer)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this post is definitely lacking a picture of the "dolled up" couple! :)
    Sounds like a super fun evening... too bad school districts done throw "galas"... *sigh* :)

    ReplyDelete