Aug 23, 2008

Middle Child



My Clara is the middle child in our family.  Mathematically speaking she is not, but...she is.  I was also the middle child.  I can already hear people saying the things I used to hear when I was a child...she is such a character!  She sure beats to her own drum!  The other day as I was watching my little wonder, a song started to flow in and out of my mind.  I decided I would put off finishing it until another time.  This morning when I saw her from my bedroom window on the swing set in full swing, wearing her tie- die bathing suit, black cowboy boots and sunglasses singing at the top of her lungs I decided I would finish the song and put it to some memorable pictures.   Speaking from experience, I want my middle child to know...I hear ya sister!  And when you feel your world doesn't 'get' you...I will wink and smile at you and say...no explanation necessary.   The song is titled "So Beautiful"... I love you Clara.

A Little Lesson:
     I believe nothing equips you for raising children more than remembering deeply what it was truly like to be a child.   As I have mentioned before, I was not so good at the diary thing, but I feel like I have thousands upon thousands of memories of what it was like to be me.  So far that seems to be helping my little Clara the most!


5 comments:

  1. Middle children unite. Shelley this song is beautiful. I love all the pictures of Clara and how they fit in to the words of the song so perfectly. Your lovely voice has the ability to calm my storms. Every morning you inspire me with how you look at world and those you love. How lonely this journey would be without you. CK

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok Shelley that one made me cry...I too am a middle child and know what you are saying...I love you guys...the Lord really has blessed you with a wonderful talent and incredibley wonderful children.....Mom alias grandma murley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Shelley!! Clara is so lucky to have you as her Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that nothing makes us better & more patient moms, than when we see ourselves in our children. Good for you for not forgetting what it was like! Your kids are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of the middle children in the world scream "AMEN" haha. Thank for your inspiring words. I could only hope to be the blogger you have become. I also appreciate the window you have opened to allow us all to experience your family along with you. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete