Aug 29, 2008

Proud Sister

My little sister Jenn, mother of three/entrepreneur/homemaker/dabbles in the gong show life like her big sister, announced last month that her company Alphabet Garden Designs was selected to have an article written about her in their Arthritis Today magazine.  We giggled and gave her a standing ovation.  Yeah Jenn!  She sells vinyl lettering for home decor and weddings.  So we thought, hey, people with arthritis have decorating ideas too!  Last week, however, Jenn announced her company is going to be featured in an actual BRIDAL magazine!  I was so proud.  We didn't giggle, we gave her a standing ovation and did the wave!  So proud! 

I've watched Jenn say hey I'm going to start a company that sells vinyl lettering, bought the machine and got started.  She has come to master the art of climbing the Google search latter and finding ways to become visible.  She has never taken a business course in her life but has managed to work with over 50 wholesalers, hire employees, and gets dozens of orders a day!  I feel like I am watching that famous saying by Thomas Edison:
Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety nine percent perspiration!
Go Jenn go!

A Little Lesson:
Practically everything there is to have in this life will come to us based on how badly we are willing to work for it!


5 comments:

  1. Jenn has persevered and is on the brink of major success with her partner Camilla. They are a very close team each with different skills. They work hard and they are in a mode of constant improvement. I am very proud of our "little Jenn."

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jenn. I was able to see her in action when I visited her. She is very professional. Look forward to your future successes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of Jenn and all her accomplishments. Heavenly Father has blessed each of his children with such wonderful talents to share with the world. I am so thankful for all three daughters and of course those SEVEN beautiful grandchildren.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn - I am equally - no, more impressed!! with what you have done with your business. (then what I have done with my cakes) I have seen plenty of people try the vinyl business here in CA and none who have done anything like what I have seen on your web site! WAY TO GO!!!

    - your long ago Beehive Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome! It's a huge feat to build a business, much less be one that's featured in national magazines! Congratulations, Jenn :) I'll have to start following her career.

    ReplyDelete