Aug 17, 2008

Peace of Mind




We're home...the animals were fed, the flowers were watered and the vegetables are still growing. Thank you to Nikki C. who made it possible for me to leave and completely forget about the duties of home and enjoy a vacation away with my troops!  Paying someone to live your life for you for a couple of days is truly an investment worth every penny.  I know there is always the neighbour who could pop over, pick up the mail and do a few chores.  But the peace of mind of someone keeping the fort going... completely worth it.

A Little Lesson:
Vacations have many stages to them.  The idea stage... let's go camping.  The planning stage... booking the site.  The organizing stage... we need to get a new camp stove, book house sitter, clear schedule etc. The packing and cleaning stage... don't forget sunscreen, I can't leave my bathroom looking like this!  The executing stage... what fun we are having in the woods.  The coming home stage... picking up your life where you left off.  And of course now, the blogging stage... how will I condense 527 memories into a few sentences.


No comments:

Post a Comment