Aug 8, 2008

Are You Going to Blog This?

They're on to me.  As my oldest son Jordan headed out the door to go play hockey with his buddies at Douglas Park, I quickly grabbed my camera and said "hold still!"  He responded with a little eye roll, "Mom, are you going to blog this?" I immediately responded "Of course!  One day you will wonder what you did all summer when you were ten, and now I will have a journal entry to prove it, besides it is an honour to be chosen to be the main character of your mother's blog!"   
He's is not so convinced of that.
So for the record... Jordan's favourite summer activities:
1. drop in street hockey with Coach Ronnie at Douglas Park
2. playdates with his buddies:  Anthony, James, Tomer, Matthew etc.
3. writing stories...long ones 
     (Jordan hopes to write a great novel one day)
4. tennis camp
5. bike riding with his friends around the neighborhood
6. checking the email account (Emily, Clara and him share)
7. the odd game of wii
8. playing slapjack with his mom
9. playing tennis with his dad
10. learning O Canada on the piano

A Little Lesson:
     I'm not a big fan of putting my kids into sports/day camps over the summer vacation.  No doubt they are a lot of fun. I just want summer to really feel like summer.  Lots of down time, lazy sunny days, sprinklers in the back yard and plenty of day dreaming.  It's hard to make that happen during the year when the rat race is going full swing!

2 comments: