Aug 21, 2008

We Didn't Notice!







I spent 2 hours at Arlene's, a window covering store today.  It was brought to our attention from our house sitter that we might be living as border-line exhibitionists.  Since we finished our reno (two years ago) we haven't bought drapes or curtains...yet.  Our house sitter couldn't figure out how we moved around, especially in the evening, especially in our upstairs bathroom. I have never been a fan of sheers.  I am such a big fan of light pouring into our rooms, old leaded-glass windows and curved molding, I just always thought it was a shame to cover them up.  So what if we have to shower in the dark!  We live on a hill, sort of.  The window consultant gave me a thorough education and I picked the ones I liked the best.  They were approximately $2000 per window.  And exhibitionists we will be!

A Little Lesson:
   I find more often then not it is the almighty dollar more than anything else that breeds ingenuity, flexibility and patience in the common homeowner.


2 comments:

  1. Shelley, you got new couches/rug!!!! Looks Great!! I can't believe it's been SO long since we have been over...this whole living in Burnaby thing stinks!!! Thanks for your blogging...it puts a smile on my face everyday!! Miss you guys lots.

    Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your place is very bright and welcoming! Looks fabulous! Let the sun in!!

    ReplyDelete