Aug 29, 2008

Looking Happy

Last night I was at a "visiting teaching" dinner with a group of friends.  I sat next to my buddy Rana who explained to me how she decided to become a librarian.  It went something like this...

I was trying to decide what to do next.  I had my undergraduate in drama from BYU.  All of the teachers I knew, and I knew many, were frustrated and so unhappy with their jobs.  All of the lawyers I knew felt they were overworked and underpaid.  And then one evening I was at a party where it seemed half of the people there, were librarians.  They were so happy.  They enjoyed what they did.  They loved going to work.  And hey, they were all dressed so great!  I will become a librarian!

A Little Lesson:
    I thought as Rana told this story, what great advice for all of us.  Would someone spend the evening with me and conclude hey, that's a great life she's got there.  Do we really look happy in what we've chosen to do?  Food for thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment