Aug 13, 2008

On Her Own


On Sunday night Emily was asked to speak at her friend Naomi's baptism. It was her first official talk, outside of talks assigned in primary. When it was time to write it, she sat down, without any hesitation created the entire thing. I was nearby to offer assistance but, she politely declined. She wanted to do it on her own.

Baptism

I got baptized two months ago. At first I was nervous and didn't want to do it. So I told my mom how I felt. She told me not to worry. We said a prayer that I would feel all right. Then the time came to when everybody crowded around to watch me get baptized. For some reason I felt that I was ready to be baptized. Then I realized that Heavenly Father had heard our prayer and helped me feel like I could do it. So I went into the girl's washroom and then started walking towards the baptism font. I saw my dad waiting there. I stepped into the water. He held my hand and started praying. When he was finished the prayer he dunked me into the water. When I came back up I felt clean and happy. This was a very special day for me. I hope Naomi will feel that way too. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

A Little Lesson:
Communicating how we experience life and it's sacred moments to our friends and ward members is a big part of being a member of the church. Emily took the first step of a long and rewarding journey. I am grateful I zipped my lips and let her walk...on her own.


1 comment: