Aug 7, 2008

Green Spray Paint


Yesterday Emily and I decided to spray paint the lines of our badminton court in the backyard. We spent so much time the other night, while playing as a family, trying to defend what was in and what was out, I thought this was a perfect solution. New grass always grows back.

You know the ol' adage measure twice cut once. That applies to spray painting badminton courts in backyards. Trying to avoid grape vines and plum trees and make the courts evenly spaced was trickier than it looked. After several minutes of painting the grass, we came to realize we had done one of the lines wrong. I explained to Emily that we would hardly notice once we got used to the new line. She was determined to fix it. She insisted I find some green spray paint to cover the newly painted white line. I could see her determination to do this thing right and relented. Off I went to find some green spray paint to fix my mistake. Can you see it? After finishing the line, Emily announces "We should paint the rest of the yard green it would sure look a lot better."

A Little Lesson:
Be grateful for mistakes that only take a can of green spray paint to fix.

2 comments:

  1. Don't they say we are raising kids not grass? Whomever "they" are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the family will have many hours of fun. Just think of all the money you saved by not putting in a 'sportscourt'!!
    love de

    ReplyDelete