Aug 18, 2008

365 Beautiful Days


My baby boy is one years old.  I really can say it didn't fly by, or feel like it was just yesterday, or that it seems ten years ago when I was in labour.  It feels almost exactly 364 days and a few hours.  I can say without any hesitation he is the happiest, smiliest, most cheerful human being I have ever met.  Since he was two weeks old, he has been flashing his big gummy smile at everyone and anyone who will lock eyes with him.  Our home is different since he came to stay.  He is Switzerland.  He never takes sides, he never tattles, he always loves you, he doesn't mind if you're in trouble with mom or dad, he still thinks you're wonderful.  He is our beloved Benjamin.

A Little Lesson:
     Some of the greatest blessings I've enjoyed here on earth are the things I didn't plan, didn't organize, didn't prepare for, didn't weigh the pros and cons, and didn't overanalyze.  Thanks again Jordan for wishing our little Benjamin to our family!


3 comments:

  1. WOW! I can believe that Benjamin is one!! It seems like yesterday that we were sitting in your bedroom chatting!! Happy Birthday Benjamin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love keeping up with you this way Shelly!! I f only we all were so diligent as to write out a few lines everyday!

    ReplyDelete