Aug 28, 2008

Paint Date


The last three nights, Craig has spent the evening with Benjamin...Benjamin Moore that is.  Our house still has about 57 door, window, and baseboard frames t0 be painted.  And about 2 million nail holes to be filled with putty.  I call it the Never-Ending Reno, a B-movie that went straight to dvd.   Craig finds a little time between dadhood, stakehood, telushood and husbandhood to dig out the brush and go to work.  He's really good at it.  He takes his time, he is meticulous and he keeps on pluggin along. Our home is in many respects beautiful because of him.  I just like to go to Pottery Barn and Ikea.  In our marriage I am absolutely the hare and he is the tortoise.  I am the burst of energy kind of worker, he is the slow and steady win the race kind of guy.  I didn't know this when I married to him.   He was tall, dark and handsome, he loved the Lord and he was head over heels in love with moi!

A Little Lesson:
   I've always given the advice to youth and YSA in speaking assignments I have given over the years, when finding a companion to spend the rest of your life with, find someone who really loves the Lord as much as you do.  That one quality over all the rest will mean you will marry someone who is striving constantly to become a better person.  A more Christ-like person.  The other personality traits whether charming or annoying will evolve and develop into what will be your companion's greatest potential.  

No comments:

Post a Comment