Aug 1, 2008

Heading to the Bush

Today we will head out to go camping with some dear friends.  I have only been blogging for like what - 5 days.  But I have to say,  I have fallen in love with keeping a journal. I have one journal from birth - 18, with about seventeen entries.  I was an avid journal writer on my mission which was 18 months.  And when Emily was about three I was writing  weekly into the family newsletter The Phylactery for about a year.  My poor posterity...not much reading material I'm leaving them.  But here's to another try!  I will return on Monday!

A Little Lesson
     One of the benefits of summarizing your day at the end of it is how you start to see experiences as you go through them.  Experiences become moments in time that you will later reflect on.  It starts to feel like there is a little less 'wo is me' and a little more wow - life is short!

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more, Shell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your life's lesson's - i see a book in the making!!

    ReplyDelete