Sep 22, 2008

Hebrew Help



Although I am fighting a nasty cold, I must continue to work on the music for the upcoming Festival of Nativities. ( I know my voice sounds just terrible...bear with me!) This is a song that will be sung by Mary to her newborn son. I would like for the soloist to first sing the words in hebrew and then move into english. I need these words to be translated by someone who is fluent in the hebrew language as well as New Testament phrases (begotten one etc.)

I'll hold you in my arms tonight,
I will begin to feel your light.
Please God help me, raise thy son
Our greatest gift, thy begotten one.

I'll watch you sleep, my little boy,
While angels sing of love and joy.
Oh, let the world know he's here
Now rest your head...God is near.

Friends out there...if you know of anyone with this ability...please leave me a comment - I would be ever SO grateful!

A Little Lesson:
I am indeed grateful for blogland and the community it is of people sharing, living, learning and hanging in there together!

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful Shelley, your talents always inspire me and I appreciate the spirit felt as the words mean so much! Creche will be so special with you composing all the music... Sign me up for set up and if you need anything, supper delivered, or more boxes for displays I can be your supplier again; I have a warehouse full of them :-)Thank you again for sharing this new song with us. Love Tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do I begin? Shelley it sounds so beautiful you voice is so soothing. Is that you playing the guitar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so beautiful Shelley. Good job. Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never cease to amaze me. Absolutly beautiful and moving. Your voice is perfect for it.
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goosebumps and tears. Thanks for sharing your beautiful talent Heavenly Father has blessed you with.

    ReplyDelete