Sep 9, 2008

Finally!

Yesterday my girls were more than delighted with the opportunity to become our in-house "apple pickers".  They were actually more like apple-picker-uppers as they were getting all the ones that fell on the ground.  They didn't care.  They've been watching these little balls of fruit for three months now.  "Are the apples ready?" became as irritating as the well known phrase "are we there yet?" Finally I was able to say "yes" to their constant plea. The girls opted to eat their newly picked apples for their dinner.  I certainly didn't mind.

A Little Lesson:
The assignment to 'plant a garden' seems to be somewhat obvious.  The skill of knowing how to grow things, the blessing of hard work, becoming industrious and self sufficient is all worthy of the task at hand.  I wonder if that prophet long ago, who asked the members of the church to do this simple assignment of planting a garden knew that all who did would also have children squeal with delight over the thrill of their harvest?  Probably.

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! Will you lend me your green thumb when I start my garden??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun I can remember my little ones always wanting to pick the peaches in our back yard...and their father always saying " not yet they aren't ready" now its the asian pears...and tanner...are they yellow enough? are they ready?
    The prophets know what we need and how we need to teach it...so many fun memories for me and now for you....

    ReplyDelete