Sep 2, 2008

Hot Baby!


Last night my little guy spent the evening fighting a fever.  He woke up about every two hours trying to find comfort tossing himself between his parents in the big bed.  He was that kind of hot that you can hardly hold them, as it makes you too hot yourself.  His eyes were glassy, his cheeks were flushed and his cry was soft and raspy.  It's no fun being sick!

A Little Lesson:
     When a child goes down for the count my head quickly projects forward and thinks, okay, what will we be missing, what will I have to cancel, who will I have to fill in for me for whatever it is I am signed up for, what will Craig have to go to that I will stay home etc.  Perspective.   I am grateful for the ease and comfort we have as parents with sick kids.  In modern days, parents don't worry if a fever is life-threatening, the latest strain of some terrible disease raging through the village, or what the neighbour children had that took their sight and put them without the use of their legs.  We just have to worry if we have enough infant tylenol to make it through the night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment