Sep 14, 2008

Carefully Orchestrated


Sometimes church needs us.  We have to talk to Sister so-and-so about this, and give Brother so-and-so that, play the piano for so and so or teach the so-and-sos.  I need church.  For me it is as physical and tangible as leaving cut flowers on the counter next to a water-filled vase.  Partaking of the sacrament with faith and humility brings about the ability to renew our sacred covenants we made at baptism.  Although I am not always able to find the reverence needed in my particular pew to fully appreciate this part of church, I strive to.  I also believe that somewhere in the sacrament talk is a sentence that if I, and I mean me, Shelley, girl from Canada, were to listen carefully and apply it, I would find life-changing experiences.  Even talks that seem dry or hard to follow, there is a simple phrase just for me.  I know a scripture will be read in Sunday school that may seem obvious and even old hat, but if I read it again carefully I will have a greater understanding. I believe there is a person there who will smile at me and I will be filled, and someone else who I will extend my love to and it will fill them. I know that this is the same for everyone else who walks through those chapel doors.  I don't begin to understand how our Heavenly Father orchestrates such things, but I know He does.

A Little Lesson:
Put flowers in water, before they die.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment