Sep 15, 2008

235 miles

Heading to Wenatchee Washington to surprise my sister was one of those trips that the night before I was still trying to decide if I was still going to go. Even early the morning we left, I was still debating traveling 235 miles on Saturday and then another 235 back home again on Sunday. I'm sure glad we did. It was a special treat to be there!

A Little Lesson:
What words we let float around in our head often determines what we end up doing in life...when I was in my kitchen on Saturday morning my head was filled with these words...
235 miles, expensive gas, more school clothes shopping to do,
laundry to do, I'm tired, kids in carseats for six hours,
junky car snacks from Chevron
I tried to let those float away and in came...
little Hunter, Emily's buddy, my sister's first child's baptism,
bearing testimony, feeling the spirit, only once, smiles everywhere,
a sacred moment, Uncle Matt's sloppy joes.
the decision was made...we got in the car.


THE VIDEO IS FINALLY HERE!!!

3 comments:

  1. The knowledge that families are forever is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll Spielberg another great video. Thanks for taking me to this special event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome reminder of Hunter's special day. Good job!

    ReplyDelete