Sep 27, 2008

Balance



Benjamin is only walking now. He doesn't drop down to crawl when it gets tough, just walking. He does the loop in our house over and over and over again. He is for the most part balanced as long as nothing gets in his way. If he has to navigate a shoe, or the vacuum chord or a stuffie left in his path, he most likely falls over. Sometimes it hurts and other times he gets up and keeps on going. He is determined. His legs know what to do, his mind is keen and the will is there, he just needs to find his balance. This is my life. I am constantly searching for balance. I know my primary focus, purpose and responsibility is to raise these four wonderful children that have come to our home. Maintaining friendships with my buddies, magnifying callings, time with hubby, keeping our home clean and decorated and developing hobbies and talents, all provide me with enjoyable 'outlets' that are an important part of the intricate balancing act that I find I juggle most of the time. Clear sailing and an unobstructed path for me, is simply raising the kids. Soccer, piano practice, packing healthy lunches and bedtime stories does not put me off balance. It is when you throw into the mix, making the pie for the Relief Society function for tonight, talking to friends on the phone about an upcoming lunch date, sending 50 emails about the upcoming stake event and painting the baseboards in the kitchen that can knock me off kilter. It is when the 'outlets' grow into obstacles that navigating a clear path becomes difficult. It is not always easy knowing how to clear a path. Benjamin I feel your pain!


A Little Lesson:
Tonight is our General Women's Conference in Salt Lake that is being broadcast via radio/tv/satellite/internet to women all over the world in our church. I look forward to this feast. The women who will speak are faithful and inspired and I know if I listen carefully, I will find ways to bring a greater balance to my life. The talks provide clarity and motivation to put the things in our lives in their proper order so we can fulfill our responsibilities while still feeling fulfilled. I am looking forward to it. You can find this conference at 5pm (pacific) here.

1 comment:

  1. When you watch the broadcast tonight think Chelsea is in a little booth in the conference center interpreting, the sister conducting and one of the sisters speaking...so the marshallese sisters in the world can understand too. I saw the church in a whole new light in this past week...I appreciate the work much more and find I am very grateful to belong.

    ReplyDelete