Sep 19, 2008

I Often Wondered


At the academy, where we have spent many after school afternoons over the past seven years studying the music of Bach and Beethoven, my kids LOVE to go outside after lessons and hang from what's become, the tree. It was especially fun if our buddies were there too. I often wondered to myself...I wonder if that tree can really hold them. Year after year as us moms
would hang out for a few minutes before heading home, the kids would literally hang out until we hustled them into the car. It was a sad day to come to the school this week and find the tree was in fact not strong enough to hold the thousands of children who came to hang there, and had finally gave up.



A Little Lesson:
This brings new meaning to the unpredictability and uncertainty involved in "going out on a limb!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh how sad:( Glad the kids weren't in the tree~~small blessings!

    ReplyDelete