Aug 27, 2008

Von Trapps We Are Not

When I came home from the pawn shop, after having bought my first guitar, the first thing I did was learn three chords and write a Family Home Evening song.  It was titled Comfy Couches.  We've been singing that song at Family Home Evening since Jordan was four.  At the beginning of the summer I decided we needed a new one, and We're All in This Together was born.  (Influenced by High School Musical I?  Not so much...same title, different tune)

Recording Woes
-one of us had the hiccups
-one of us was very tired
-one of us was anxious to get back to painting the stairs
-one of us, it seems is entering puberty early
-one of us forgot to save the tracks and 
we had to record everything all over again
-one of us had the time of their lives

C a n   Y o u   G u e s s ? 

A Little Lesson:
     Learning the gospel of Jesus Christ is an ongoing lifelong journey.  Putting some of that learning to music makes the journey a little easier and a lot more fun!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful!!! My favorite, the chubby legs.

    The kids and I all gathered around and listened to your awesome FHE song. Afterward I said, "Hey should we come up with a FHE song, we will have Auntie Shelley write it." Jessica yells, "Sure!" Hunter says..."ya, but we are NOT singing it online." Okay Shell start writing.
    Love Auntie Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. and when will the printed version be available for distribution and personal FHE!? love it!

    PS Shell - I have my locals moms checking on you !!!

    ReplyDelete