Sep 29, 2008

The Real McCoy


An Angel
"Silent Evening"
When I write music it is not my voice I am hearing in my head but rather the voices of my talented friends, which makes it possible for me to hear the possibilities of a song. This is Rachel's voice, it's the real McCoy! We did this with her somewhat sick one-year-old on her lap, in one take, with no run-through, without positioning the mic properly and she still sounds angelic to me. What I really hear in my head are violins, harps, flutes and the better part of the London philharmonic symphony behind the words...but for now I try to strategically use the 88 keys on the piano in their stead. One day...

A Little Lesson:
I really meant it when I said I never tire of songs and stories around the birth of the Savior. Those of you getting a little tired of seeing Christmas blogs from me, sorry about that, there is this little button up top titled, NEXT BLOG. It will take you on a random search of blogs all over the world. It's actually pretty fun!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!!! I LOVE Christmas music. I think it is because the more often we sing and talk about our Savior, the more we can have His spirit to be with us. Which is a promise from the Sacrament prayer. I think that is why the season of Christmas brings so much joy to all people. Too bad we all don't sing and talk of Him more throughout the year.

    So don't feel bad about blogging about Christmas early, I love it!

    ReplyDelete