Sep 13, 2008

Too Quiet

      

Yesterday, I tried to get some composing done for the upcoming Christmas Nativity Festival (only 3 songs left!)  I could sort of hear my children making little noises here and there but it was awfully quiet. Clearly the expression when the cat's away the mice will play applies to humans as well.  I don't where Benjamin found the empty Nutella bottle, my suspicion is he has an accomplice, but he worked on it with dedication and diligence.  

    
And these two monkeys I was ready to throw them off a cliff.  It started with some innocent watering with the hose,then there was some mud, and then who knows.  Remember that mormon commercial in the 80's where the kids are playing in the mud with the hose, and the parents come home, instead of yelling, they grab there camera and then join in on the mud/hose experience. Well I grabbed the camera, I didn't totally yell, and I'll tell ya there was no joining them in the mud experience.

A Little Lesson:
     It is hard to get too upset with children who have actually managed to find something to do in you absence of concentrated attention.  These are the woes of temporarily neglecting your children. Tomorrow, I will compose early in the morning, long before they wake up. 

1 comment: