Dec 15, 2008

Never Brag

(I plan on doing some of this on the couch today!)

I knew as soon as I said the words "he's a really good sleeper, we put him down to bed each night and I see him in the morning, he's been doing that since a few months old", I knew I was going to pay for my lack of humility. Some friends of ours were over for dinner last night and Kelli asked if Benjamin was a sleeping through the night. I bragged. Oh yes, indeed he is! We are so lucky. He is just such a good sleeper...I went on and on. Last night he woke around midnight, about an hour after I had gone to bed, and cried through the whole night. Let me say that again, the whole night. I started to think of things like appendix and kidney stones and irritable bowel because he simply had no symptoms I could put my finger on. It was indeed a long night. I had a lot of time, while trying to console my little one, of replaying the conversation over and over again of what an amazing sleeper he was. We will probably head to the doctor today to get to the bottom of this if his discomfort keeps up.

A Little Lesson:
Never brag.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. You should've called me! I was awoken by simultaneous pukers at 4am. By 5am had changed 3 entire beds of all the bedclothes. My only consolation was I inexplicably went to bed EARLY last night (which I almost never do). Must've been inspired. It could be a LONG day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg Gavin did this to us too, I keep saying Rowan is a good baby and sleeps well and I know I am going to kick myself in the butt one of these days when he isn't sleeping good anymore. It just happens. Hope he is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete