Oct 28, 2008

You're All Invited


I would like to extend an invitation to all of you out there in blogland to come to our Festival of Nativities which will be held on November 27, 28, 29, from 10am to 9pm. All the music I have been frantically composing for the past two months on this blog will be performed in the evening, in the performance of The Nativity...those who were there, each night from 7:30-8:30. Hundreds of nativities from all over the world, will be on display in a breath-taking winter Bethlehem scene. We also provide meals for many charities and less fortunate groups who come to see the sights and have a hot meal. I know many of my blogland friends live far away, but with gas coming down, flights have really come down in price. (Just kidding....sort of.)

A Little Lesson:
We plan all year, we rent lighting equipment, we set up for five days, we have hundreds of members who volunteer their time to come and tie bows, hang lights, straighten garland, musicians rehearse for weeks, over fifty artificial trees are assembled in the gym, pass-a-long-cards are distributed to thousands and thousands of people and then it happens. The old brick stake center transforms. There is an incredible peaceful feeling that takes over the building, everywhere you go. Everywhere you look the birth of our Lord and Savior is celebrated. His humble entrance into this world has been captured by the hands of so many faithful followers. Every ornament, every swag, every wreath and every little figurine seems to become more beautiful. The feeling is at times more than I can bear and I walk around with mascara running down my face. I love this event. One month to go.

3 comments:

  1. Shelley the nativity poster looks incredible. I am going to take Friday off work so Emma & I can come down and see the Festival. I am going to call Violet in Washington and see if would join us. I am sure our failing Canadian peso will entice her with some early Christmas shopping. I can't wait to hear the Christmas musical you've put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad that I will not be there to help this year and to enjoy the magic of the three days. Maybe you could video tape it and send me a copy!! I agree with Colleen, the poster looks incredible. I know the whole event will be as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Shelley, I wish we could be there! This is always such a magical event and the spirit is felt in abundance. I'm sure Christmas is pretty magical here in Utah, too, but Vancouver... there's no place like home!

    Will you be recording the performance? I would love to hear your new compositions!

    ReplyDelete