Oct 10, 2008

He Made It!


(This is the route they are taking around the world)

My dad made it to Fiji in one piece. In his words:

We made it safe and sound. It was sometimes a very harrowing experience going through tropical storms buffeted by enormous waves that made any movement in the boat a major and risky task.

says the man with hand being held together with a staple! I can rest a little easier now that my sixty-five year old dad has survived his once-in-a lifetime adventure of sailing the ocean blue to the Pacific islands. I look forward to his pictures that will tell of his 'harrowing experiences'! Now he just has to board a plane and make his way back to Vancouver via Hawaii.

A Little Lesson:
Grandpa became a new fixture in our daily family prayers. "and bless grandpa on the seven seas" my children would say. I know even ten thousand miles away from us his life was a little better because of those faithful prayers of my children!

1 comment:

  1. I have totally been wondering about him - thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete