Oct 18, 2008

Highlight

(This picture I found online does not do it justice!)
I love a great roller coaster. The faster the better. California screamer and Space Mountain were for sure my favourite rides...until I did Soarin' over California. It was practically the last thing we did and thank goodness we did. You sit in a mechanically altered hang gliding like chair that soars over a giant screen and you get to fly directly over some of the earth's greatest sights from the eye of an eagle. Wind blows in your face, familiar scents waft past you as you soar over orange groves and sandy beaches. It was one of the most magical things I have ever done. In my life I have probably had about twenty really vivid 'flying dreams' where you wake up and truly felt like you flew. This ride was, as they say... a dream come true. When asked what animal would you like to be, I always say a bird. To top it off, Dave my Disney Movie animating friend worked on this ride! How often do you get to sit next to the guy who designed a ride while riding the ride! It was such a highlight.

A Little Lesson:
While standing in line and reminiscing about living in beautiful British Columbia Judy says to me, "when I think of BC it makes me think that surely God's favourite colour is green!" I love thinking of it that way. When you ride a ride like this one and see creation in such a giant way it makes you wonder if God had a hard time deciding what His favourite colour was with the blue sky, green forests, tan sandy beaches, orange groves, purple vineyards, and the black night sky. Breathtaking!

2 comments:

  1. That ride was definitely one of the highlights for us, too! It was amazing!
    Now I can REALLY hardly wait to go back with my kids!

    ReplyDelete