Oct 25, 2008

Practicing


Yesterday my good buddy Karen came over for a visit and brought her beautiful girls. Although Elisa and Emily haven't seen each other for a long time they instantly became fast friends and before you know it Elisa was Emily's guitar coach. After they left, Emily spent more time practicing her newly acquired guitar riffs than a whole weeks worth of Bach minuets practiced on the violin. There is just something about 'when your friends do it' that makes even practicing cool.

A Little Lesson:
I know that I am part of a large group of parents that share the same plight. We live in probably every country, speak every language and I would guess there are perhaps millions and millions of us. We are the parents of children who have to practice something every day. I've only been doing this for nine years, so I am in no way an expert. However, I do believe the best way to look at the journey is exactly that....a journey. Sometimes the road is smooth, paved and and straight and other times there are road blocks, speed bumps, pot holes and detours. My theory, just keep on going. Don't worry where you are on your journey, or certainly where others are in theirs, just keep on traveling and you will eventually get somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment