Oct 8, 2008

Differently the Same


(It's kind of long...I made it for Emily so she could enjoy every moment! Don't feel bad if you cut it half way through!)
A Little Lesson:
Although we went to the same conference center, the same bookstore, the same chocolate fountain buffet, saw the prophet, bought new scriptures, went to the same sites, bought a new ctr ring, went to the ZCMI mall for lunch, saw the same temple, and swam in the pool for both Jordan in 2005 and Emily last weekend, the trip was completely different. They were exactly the same age, but each experienced the adventure in such a different way. It was a loud reminder to me how important it is to remember how different our children really are. They need individual and personalized parenting that taps into the challenges and circumstances that only they will experience in their own way.

6 comments:

  1. I loved it! ... the whole thing!

    I think this tradition is such a wonderful idea and can only imagine how wonderful the impressions and memories are that your children gain from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great video! How special for Emily to experience this with her mom and dad and a few close friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great video! How special for Emily to experience this with her mom and dad and a few close friends. Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. what can I say AWESOME!!! Great memories for miss em....Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah Shelley every time I read your blog I blubber like a baby! I dunno maybe its the being 7 1/2 months pregnant too that helps but man, so awesome! Emily is getting so big, I can't get over it. Makes me feel old I can't imagine how you feel. When Jordan turned 8 I remember feeling like man weren't you just born? Such an amazing thing you guys do for your kids, I hope to be able to do the same thing for my boys when they hit that special age. I feel the spirit just looking at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you were able to go and see the Prophet Emily! Looks like you had a great trip making memories that will last forever!

    ReplyDelete