Oct 7, 2008

What Will They Remember

One of my favourite things to see on temple square was the Prophets Exhibit at the Church Art Museum. Each latter-day prophet was beautifully displayed with a large portrait, a quote, and some artifacts that represented some of their greatest contributions to the church and the world. For some it was their focus on missionary work, others translating the Book of Mormon, building temples, traveling to foreign lands and so on. It was amazing to see how much President Hinckley accomplished during his tenure as prophet. He was surely beloved by all.

A Little Lesson:
After seeing this exhibit, I've wondered how I will be remembered by my children. What will they remember of their childhood? My hope is, when this life is over, my children will remember...

that I loved the prophet and wanted to follow their counsel.
that our home was one of their favourite places on earth to be.
that I smiled when they entered the room.
that I shared my testimony of Christ through music throughout my life.
that I laughed when I could of yelled.
that I loved their daddy more then anybody else on the planet.
that I loved, learned and lived the scriptures.
that it was okay to make some mistakes.
that enduring to the end was worth it.
that I was the luckiest mom in the world because I was their mom.
that my cinamon buns tasted better than Pilsbury.

I have a long way to go...

2 comments:

  1. But oh Shelley just look how far you have come....and what great teachers you have...we love you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are an awesome example shelley.

    ReplyDelete