Nov 13, 2008

Wish List

This morning I woke up to an email from my son. It was his Christmas wish list. It was a standard asking of things. He signed it like this....

YOUR AMAZING, STUPENDOUS, INCREDIBLE, OUTSTANDING, SUPERSMART, LOVING, COOL, AWESOME, OUTRAGEOUS, SWEET, SUPER, SUPERB, EXCELLENT, COMICAL, HILARIOUS, CHARMING, HANDSOME, MASTERFUL, FANTASTIC, FANTASTICAL, HAPPY, JOYFUL, PIANO PRACTICER, TRENDY, ROCKIN', BRIGHT, ATHLETIC, CANADIAN WANTS TO BE AUSTRALIAN, NICE TO SISTERS, BOLD, BRAVE ETC. SON,
J O R D A N G R A N T M U R L E Y!!!!

My eleven year old boy doesn't seem to be lacking in any confidence or self worth.

A Little Lesson:
I think all of us adults under the umbrella of humility ought to think as highly of ourselves as my young son. At what point in life is it that we stop believing these things about ourselves and sign our letters Yours Truly? Mistakes, failures, and unexpected turn of events sometimes knock us down and we head out of the ring of champions. Yesterday my dear Colleen sent me this great quote:
We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.


3 comments:

  1. Really? Benjamin can type like that and still frame me? I'm amazed. He must of learned the skills from you mom, as he likes to be with you when you're on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree what happens to us as adult that we seem to overlook all the great things about us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha I love your kids Shelley. What a goof. I just laughed my butt off at that and Clara saying she needed your clothes and money to be a mommy. They just make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete