Nov 22, 2008

Just a Little Longer


For the past many many months a large part of my thinking space has been completely devoted to the upcoming preparation of the celebration of the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Sometimes it has required intense prayer, concentration and focus as I have had to finish lyrics and melodies that have been swirling around in my head for so long. I have thought so much about Mary and the birth that she endured in such humble circumstances. I have thought so much about Joseph and the great responsibility he carried as the surrogate earthly father of the son of God. I have thought deeply about the shepherds and the wisemen and the animals and the angels. I feel nervous that all the preparations will come together, but more than that I feel excitement and anticipation the same way you do when someone close to you is about to have a baby. I know there are people all over the world preparing for this same celebration...the birth of Christ. I feel so fortunate to be part of something so devoted to His lowly entry into this world.

A Little Lesson:
Today we will move boxes, hang stars, iron curtains, string lights, rehearse songs, phone rental companies and drive all over town...and then it will be one day closer. Just a little longer...

1 comment: