Nov 18, 2008

Both Ends

Sunday was a bit of a marathon. Starting at 4am to delivering bulletin inserts with my die hard buddy Niki, who is still recovering from surgery by the way, to all the buildings in our stake! Continuing on with church, meetings, phone calls and the big finale rehearsal that meant we didn't leave the building until late that night. I like to wake up early, I don't like to stay up late. My candle is burning far too bright at the moment!


A Little Lesson:
I've come to discover the real reason we shouldn't burn our candles at both ends is not just because it burns up the candle faster but think of the mess it makes when the candle is turned on it's side, wax dripping everywhere. That is how I feel when I don't use my evenings to recover from my early mornings, mess is an understatement to what starts happening to the surroundings around me. Thank you Craig my love who tackled kitchen dishes and Lisa who tackled neighbourhood childcare!!! I was grateful to come home to an internet that didn't seem to be working which meant no emails, no blogging, no computer, just rest.

3 comments:

  1. Your 'candle burning' is so worth it for everyone who will enjoy the festival!! Keep burning! You are being blessed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to be along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that feeling! How ever do you balance???

    ReplyDelete