Nov 15, 2008

Devoted


I met with my devoted team last night at the stake center. I love my team. Niki, Alyson, Barb and Julianne will also be spending hundreds of hours during creche week doing the creche thing just like me. This year we have another honorary member, and that would be Bro. McCulloch, just as devoted and just as fun. I don't just love them for their pure devotion to the cause, but how much we laugh and laugh and laugh when we are together. It is the only way we can all bear that many hours inside a concrete floor building setting up day after day after day. But we also are all addicted to the incredible spirit that is there when all the thousands of tree branches, silk table clothes, manger scenes, garland, lights, wreaths and bows are all in their proper place. The projector turns on, images of Mary and baby Jesus are illuminated on a twenty foot screen, the music begins to play...it is breathtaking. We rarely complain when we have to spend that many hours inside something so glorious, so beautiful and so peaceful.

A Little Lesson:
Some of my favourite friends are the ones who I have served with and spent zillions of hours preparing for camp, trek, supersaturday's, youth conferences, talent shows, and now the festival of nativities. There is a lifelong sisterhood that is shared when you give your time and talents along side others who are doing the same. It buoys you up when the task at hand seems so large and sometimes so impossible. For me it is the mechanics of how the gospel moves from the pages of the scriptures to the everyday lives of the members. Serving in whatever way we can to improve the lives of others is how millions of people all over the world continue to increase their faith and endure to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment