Nov 2, 2008

Never Prepared

It's monster weekends like this one that no amount of preparation can really prepare you for the endurance required to execute Halloween and Stake Conference all in 72 short hours...
Friday:
Halloween...costumes, hair spray, candy apples, twenty five guests, clean up etc.
Saturday:
Putting final touches on nativity finale score.
Tackle post Halloween party mess.
Post Halloween blog video.
Go to Safeway for the red onion I forgot to buy at Superstore.
Put finishing touches on hymn arrangement for stake conference.
Jordan's soccer game.
Make buns and salad for stake presidency dinner.
Mount creche posters on large red backdrops.
Go to stake center early: rehearse with Julie,
cook risen buns illegally in church kitchen,
serve meal, set up mini creche display in both foyers,
listen to adult session of stake conference,
stay up really late getting ready for my first creche
rehearsal following stake conference the next day.
Sunday:
Wake up ridiculously early, tweak and print score for finale for creche rehearsal.
Run through musical number for stake conference.
Pack stake conference bag with things Clara and Benjamin haven't seen before.
Get all the gang dressed and ready for church.
Go early to meet with Julie to run through song one more time in the Relief Society room.
Sit through two hours of spiritually uplifting talks, including the one from my dear mate,
all while keeping our pew to a dull roar.
Accompany the exceptionally talented Julie D. on the piano as she sang Now Let Us All Rejoice.
Running my first creche rehearsal with all our cast and choir following conference.
Headed over to Milad's to pick up my older kids and eat their delicious food.
Head over to mom's to pick up my little guy and eat their delicious food.
I'm home exhausted and going to bed in three minutes.

A Little Lesson:
I love, and I mean LOVE in capital letters turning my clock back for daylight savings!



2 comments:

  1. Okay I forgive you for not returning my call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there to enjoy the beauty of your talents. Thank goodness for friends and family~~you are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete