Nov 7, 2008

Phone Call

A woman named Grace phoned her friend who was a lawyer, who phoned his friend who owned a charity, who told his wife who thought of me and I got a phone call. "Shelley," she said, "There is a film company who is getting rid of all of their costumes and they have many shepherd/wiseman looking authentic costumes that you may have for free if you are able to go down to the set right away...if your interested." Clara didn't have time to buckle her shoes I was in the car so fast and zoomed to a lot underneath the 2nd narrows bridge. My eyes could hardly believe what I beheld. A huge warehouse full of clothes from the movies as a wonderful lady named Grace said to me..."take whatever you need.' How it is possible for us to be blessed in such intricately orchestrated ways is beyond my comprehension. Although I have Rachel and Gail working hard at helping me get costumes ready for this upcoming event, offsetting their work by having twenty robes/sashes and gear already done is an unbelievably a heavy load lifted off my shoulders.

A Little Lesson:
I didn't even know what it was that I needed to pray for these days as I could feel the grip of this upcoming event getting tighter and tighter around me. I was worried about many things that desparately needed to come together if we were going to be successful. I am indeed grateful for prayers answered in ways I would have never begun to ask for...it was a blessing beyond belief. I feel humble and deeply grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Blessings are indeed an answer to prayer... I have a testimony of prayer... Love grandma Matkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tender mercies! I so wish I could come to the event you are preparing for because I know it will be fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete