Mar 21, 2009

Spring Break 2009


This is the outfit I've seen Clara wear most of the holiday.

This year's spring break has been a stay close to home, lounging around, making forts, drop- in hockey at the community center, staying up late, watching movies and sleeping-in kind of holiday...thanks to the mom of the house spending more than her share of hours in the horizontal on the couch. Speaking of being sick, my results came in last night from the lab and it was in fact the nasty streptococcal bacteria that decided to land on my epiglottis and surrounding areas. Not that that means anything, just thought I would make a note it for the great grand kids.

A Little Lesson:
Some moments during this nasty illness waves of guilt would wash over me as I thought to myself "it's spring break, we need to get out and do something fun!!!" And then out of the blue my dear friend Niki would call and take all my kids to a movie. The wave would return a few days later "I need to get these kids out of this house..." and then the phone would ring and Niki would say she's on her way to take my kids to the church to play ball. Niki you are a super super dooper friend and I love ya! She was an answer to a prayer I didn't even think to pray about. I prayed I would get better. I prayed my family would not get sick. I prayed for relief from the painful symptoms. I am so grateful when the answers to our prayers get supersized with out even asking.

1 comment:

  1. We're lucky to have each other! And don't worry - your time will come when I'm down and out!

    ReplyDelete