Mar 20, 2009

Say That Again?



Colleen called to see how my snufalufagus was doing. Emily asks me through out the day how my epilogical is doing and yesterday Niki brought me a Wendy's frosty for my epiglossius. Thank you all for your notes and comments and phone calls and well wishes for that little flap of skin that went a little A-wall at the beginning of the week. I am on the mend and doing better. I feel like it's taken a big chunk out of my energy reserves, but I can finally swallow without grimacing.

A Little Lesson:
I am not sure if it was lack of sleep, lack of nutrition, lack of hand washing, or lack of sanity that brought me to that scary place I was at 3am Tuesday morning when my epiglottis decided to become enraged. I do know that sickness of any kind is always a good time to do a little personal inventory of how life is really going down. Too fast? Too slow? Not enough of this? Too much of that? I'm of the belief that most illness is a gentle or not so gentle wake-up call. Believe me, as I lay in the fetal position on our comfortable couch moaning for the pain killers to kick in, I did some good old fashion soul searching. It was a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are on the mend. I agree with you that your body is like home land security - it slows you down with one illness to prevent even worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay girlfriend! Why did we not know about this? I spent the weekend with you and didn't know you needed cool soothing drinks for your dangerously sore throat. Are the meds working?

    ReplyDelete