Mar 23, 2009

My turn My turn!

A little while back it was Emily's turn to 'bring her pet to school" day. She decided out of her choices of Lucy the dog, Ben the cat, John the cat and Mocha the fish...Ben was her best bet. The animals in our house play a more "in the wings" kind of role. Nobody is really really into them, they are just nice to have around when you have nothing else to play with. Surprisingly even Benjamin could really take it or leave it. He sees the cats, sometimes he points, or says hello, but really he always finds something more exciting to play with - until his big sister brings the cat to school...


Emily tried to explain to her class the unique and special characteristics of her special pet but she was being attacked by her little brother who decided at that very moment that Ben the cat was his special pet too and he wanted in on the action. Benjamin became so determined even the teacher got out her camera to snap a few shots of the persistent one year old.



As Emily takes the cat around the class for each of her friends to have a little pat, you might think Benjamin had given up and was sitting quietly on my lap as I took this picture. Not so much. That look Emily is giving me with her eyes is saying "Mom, take out that hysterically screaming child before he completely humiliates me in front of my friends!!!"





A Little Lesson:
I don't dream about diamonds or rubies or Mexican vacations or shopping sprees or trips to the spa. About once a week I have this dream...it goes something like this... wouldn't it be nice to have a nanny/maid who watches the children when I go to the school for field trips or special days with the big kids, makes the meals when I am busy on the phone or computer, folds the laundry I forgot about in the dryer, picks up the kids from school when I want to keep napping on the couch and grocery shops in the evening when I just want to go to bed a little early. These days, with the cost of one of those nanny/maids I might as well be dreamin of diamonds and rubies!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute blog... I agree John probably was your best choice..... Love Grandma M

    ReplyDelete