Mar 30, 2009

Is It Over?


I haven't decided if he is my fourth and I have become particularly lackadaisical in terms of parenting or he just came from heaven that way but Sundays have become an exhausting adventure for all parties involved. It begins with Sacrament meeting where Benjamin does one of four things....escapes the pew and runs down the aisle waving and saying hi to all the other members, screams because he doesn't like to sit on my lap, talks and says loudly "mmmmm yummmmmmm" with every piece of high fructose cereal popped into this mouth or convinces Grandpa to take him to the primary room where he can play on the chairs. Okay, I know he's just little, give him time, he'll get the hang of it. When I take him out to allow the rest of the ward to enjoy the meeting of course Clara follows and now I have two scalliwags that I am making sit in a cold classroom not having fun in the foyer. When Sacrament is over we head over to nursery where he's decided this is going to be mommy-and-me time with the toys or else the tears start flowing. The room is about 8 feet by 9 feet, there are 8-10 kids, 4 nursery leaders and a whole bunch of parents who are trying to sneak out every time their kids are looking comfortable, me being one of them. I fail every time...more tears. In this picture he has just gotten into his church clothes and is pretty excited that we're heading to church, for him it is a place where mommy feeds him sugar snacks to keep quiet - what could be better than that!

A Little Lesson:
People say time flies when you're having fun...church feels about nine hours long. All I can say is thank goodness I have a strong testimony!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie.. How can you not just "EAT HIM UP"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your church experience reminds me of going to church with Cheryl. I wish I was there every week to enjoy it! Your Mom's right he is very cute. One of the kids picked Heber up from nursery a few Sundays ago and he was standing on the table singing the Indianna Jones Theme Song. He loves to sing.

    ReplyDelete