Mar 16, 2009

A Little Undeserved



Didn't you just go away a week ago? Yes I did. My trip to New Orleans and the Chick Reunion happened to fall right smack next to each other this year. The chick reunion is the weekend where a group of girls I was close with during my YSA years escapes every year for a little retreat in an old refurbished farm house on a lake and we talk endlessly day and night about our adventures as mothers, wives, sisters, aunties, daughters, career women, and so on and so on. We eat like kings, sleep far too little, laugh until our sides hurt and share the things inside of us we are itching to share with a group loving sisters in the gospel who don't judge, criticize or find fault in our experiences but rather support, buoy up and and encourage us in our journey.




A Little Lesson:
This little retreat felt pretty undeserved as it was only a few days ago that I stepped off the plane coming home from my trip to New Orleans. I am deeply grateful for Craig, who seven months ago said to me, as we committed to these two getaways in the same few weeks, "Don't worry, I'll make it work." And that he did. With the help of my mom and sister, he held down the fort yet again, for my sake. I don't casually recognize the sacrifice he makes on my behalf to step into my shoes for four days so that I can step out of them. He is a superstar as I far as I am concerned. Darling, my cup runneth over, thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment