Apr 1, 2009

Walking and Talking


Clara in July 2005, exactly the same age Benjamin is now...19 months.

I spend more time talking to Clara than anyone else in my life. Craig spends the entire day, sometimes 9-10 hours, at work and gives me a little pick-me-up phone call around lunch. Jordan and Emily spend the day at school and give me the Readers Digest version of their day afterschool, and Benjamin has about 40 words. Clara on the other hand has about 10 million thoughts she hasn't even got to yet. When she is not in make-believe-Claraland ordering her apprentice Benjamin around her kingdom, she is usually talking my ear off about just about everything. A few days ago I went to sign her up for kindergarten at our elementary school where the other kids go and they let me know there has been double the occupancy in our area and room is tight. At first I thought for her sake oh no!!! She is dying to go to kindergarten with her big brother and big sister. But I will admit, there was a little excited voice inside of me that said...does this mean my little Clara will have to stay home and homeschool with me for kindergarten?

A Little Lesson:
Thanks to blogging I don't look at that picture and wonder where did she go or where has the time gone instead I can scroll back the past year and see a hundred pictures of her and read dozens of stories that my memory has long forgotten. My only regret is I didn't have the chance to start blogging back the day my Jordan came to this earth...

4 comments:

  1. What a little sweetheart.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how much she looks like Benjamin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aren't blogs a wonderful thing? ;)

    thanks for sharing your family with us.

    ReplyDelete