Apr 9, 2009

Clara in the Kitchen

She wants me to wake her up early early early, before anyone else. She wants to help me make breakfast. She doesn't mind that her eyes are stinging it is so early. She just wants to get her fingers in that dough and make the food.

Later the day...



She puts down her princess crown and makes waffles. From start to finish. She needs practically no help. She gets annoyed when I quickly add an ingredient to move it along quicker. She can do it all. I leave her. She doesn't mind how long it takes for each one. She prefers to use a garden glove instead of an oven mitt.

A Little Lesson:
I lived with my Grandma Clara for a month in the summer when I was a little girl. We had all the fun a little girl could possibly have in the summer at her grandma's house. She let me drive her golf cart everyday. We made a beautiful dark blue quilt. She let me walk down to the temple two blocks away, by myself, and just hang out. She bought me candy from the store and took me to see her friends at the Hooderite colony. Most of all, we spent hours and hours in her kitchen baking and making. She always let me help and do the fun stuff, even if it meant an eggshell or two got into the batter. We used to laugh about how funny it was that she had wall to wall carpet in her kitchen. If there is one thing my grandma can do, it is laugh, and make good food. I am so glad I have a little Clara who loves nothing more than to laugh and laugh and make good food in the kitchen. I love you Grandma!

3 comments:

  1. Clara is so fun like her namesake. Great story and pictures of our little princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a little Clara. That is adorable that she loves to cook and do it herself.

    ReplyDelete