Apr 22, 2009

Moments


Last night we all went to the Gilpin Elementary school to see the the
children's opera I composed based on the story The Recess Queen.

Mean Jean and Katie Sue

I was hoping to take a whole bunch of pictures of the actual show, but the only thing that kept Benjamin quiet while sitting on my lap during the show was to take the batteries out
of my camera and put them back in again, over and over again. I was desperate.

A Little Lesson:
There are moments in my life that just feel like I'm flying in the clouds and I hope it never ends...
When I entered the temple with Craig to be married.
When I brought home each of my children from the hospital.
When we go out as a family and everyone is happy and no one fights.
When my whole house is clean, even the basement.
When I attend a church meeting that touches me to the core.
When I turned thirty and Craig organized the world.
When I loose three pounds.

As for composing music for a big bunch of children who perform it on a stage with costumes, lights, action and camera . . .it was surely a moment I didn't want to end.

4 comments:

  1. Your opera music was great - very upbeat and memorable. The lesson in the Recess Opera should be used throughout the schools. It is very timely. Congratulations.
    PS Benjamin gave me one of your camera batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley that was an awesome job last night. The kids seemed to really enjoy the songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wished I could have seen it~~I'm sure it was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete