Apr 2, 2009

Jordan Meet Jim


Early this morning, Emily, upon realizing her purple pants were still in the dirty clothes, decided to hand wash them and then throw them in the dryer so she could wear them to school today. Jordan watching this all go down, announces "Hey Mom, we should totally wash all our clothes by hand, it's way easier!" as he stands next to 2 loads of dirty laundry, 4 loads of unfolded clean laundry and 2 loads of folded laundry. I'm sad to say he wasn't trying to be funny.

A Little Lesson:
My dad was a Harvard graduate, the Deputy Minister of Labour by the time he was 35, helped rewrite the Canadian Constitution and would give the shirt off his back to a total stranger. He also can't match his tie to his shirts (colourblind), couldn't find the dishwashing soap if you paid him and thinks he does quite a bit of the housework because he takes out the garbage. Turns out, I'm raising my dad.

3 comments:

  1. Speaking of Garbage... Grandpa you forgot this morning and its Garbage day.... Dont worry... Shauna did it for you Love you all Grandma M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also forgot my Friday tennis for the first time ever so at least I am being irresponsible for both my household duties and my sports duties. Raising Jordan and all our grandchildren is like living Dicken's Great Expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny!! Seriously your dad looks the exact same as when I saw him last and it has been awhile. Seriously Shelley what were you thinking... doing laundry by hand is totally easier.

    ReplyDelete