Jan 13, 2009

This is the Place


This is the place where Dallin and Sariah take
turns coming to get a good night sleep while
their little boy heals in the hospital two blocks away.

This is the place where Clara waits patiently
for the big kids to go to school so she can spread out her
memory game and play with her mommy until her hearts content.
This is the place where she beat me three games in a row,
and I tried to win each time. (I don't believe in
letting children win just because they're little children).

This is the place where Clara got this many pairs...and I got this many.


This is the place where Clara tried to remain
humble about her winnings but had a hard time.


This is the place where Benjamin can, in a single roll, ruin the
game and be banished to the floor by Queen Clara forever and ever.

A Little Lesson:
I can play lengthy concertos on the piano, devour black belt level Sudoku,
and never have to use a recipe but try as I might, I could not beat my daughter at a
good old fashion game of memory. I am getting old. As my brain turns to mush
I hope my children will remind me of my early thirties back when I could play a mean
game of memory and take each of these turkeys down one by one!

No comments:

Post a Comment