Jan 8, 2009

Almost Five!


Clara has waited a long 365 days to turn five and we are finally hours away. With her buddy Chas heading into the hospital on Thursday afternoon, we thought it was a good idea to have the party in the morning so that he could be there. Needless to say, it was a super duper fun morning filled with all the bells and whistles of a good old fashion birthday party!

A Little Lesson:
There are a few things that I've come to discover that really makes a birthday party really work. (for me at least) Keeping the number of children invited a small and comfortable number. Encouraging parents to drop off and come back later. Play lots and lots of silly games that make children giggle and squeal with delight! (Unfortunately I was unable to run the games and run the camera at the same time so I have no pictures of the games for the movie, perhaps letting a few parents stay behind wouldn't be so bad to take some of those action shots.) I know there is nothing profound in these simple discoveries, but when I remember to do them I am always so pleased with the results.

2 comments:

  1. Shelley! I am laughing at hose birthday candles -are those a tradition at your parties!!?? Happy Birthday Clara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they hilarious! I wouldn't call them a tradition...perhaps a quirky goofy thing I'm willing to do!

    ReplyDelete